Agriculture and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority Act,1985 constituted an agency of Government of India named as Agriculture and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA). Majorly for the development of export of scheduled products by way of providing financial assistance, information, statistics, formulating standards & implementing it leading to the development of scheduled products. Scheduled products are the products specified under the APEDA Act, 1985. The exporters of scheduled product(s) needs to get APEDA registration, and the registration is one time which will be valid and subsisting unless canceled by the Authority. Application of registration is to be made within a month from the date of undertaking such export unless the time limit is extended by the Authority by sufficient cause. The central government is the controlling authority.
The purpose of APEDA can be explained as follows:
- Development of industries relating to the scheduled products for export
- Training in various aspects of the industries connected with the scheduled products.
- Providing financial assistance
- Carrying out an inspection of meat and meat products
- Undertaking surveys and feasibility studies
- Improve the packaging of the Scheduled products
- Improve marketing of the Scheduled products outside India
Benefits of Registration
- It is a one-time registration
- Mandatory exporters of scheduled products
- Application for financial assistance scheme of APEDA can be availed only after registration
- It enables registered members to participate in training programmes organized in various aspects of the Industries for scheduled products
Important points in APEDA Registration
- To get APEDA registration application shall be made to Agriculture and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority, Ministry of Commerce & Industry, Government of India.
- Once the application is duly filed by the applicant along with the prescribed fees, the authority will issue Registration -Cum- Membership- Certificate (RCMC).
- The main line of business is to be mentioned at the time of making an application for CMC, so that same can be referred to the relevant commodity board or Export promotion Council relating to that line of business.
If you want to apply for Food License, you can go with FSSAI Food License.
Related Topic: Regulatory Guidelines for Proprietary Food in India