- 1.Select the type of bakery you want to open
- 2. Business Plan
- The plan must include:
- 3. Pick a Location for your Bakery Business
- 4. Get all Licenses required to open a Bakery in India
- 5. Get the Require Manpower for Bakery Shop
- 6. Kitchen Equipment and Display Area
- 7. Billing software
- 8. Be prepared to market your product
- Here are a few low costs or free marketing ideas:
- 9. Focus on your Customers
- 10. Other Things Needed to Run a Bakery Business
With the startup wave hitting the nation, Resturant industry has a major impact especially bakery shops. It has motivated many individuals to start their own business. Experts and home cooks alike, individuals are presently fuelling their enthusiasm for nourishment and getting into the bakery business. So, in this article, we will be discussing some steps to start your bakery shop, who wants to open their own bakery shop.
Here are 10 steps for opening the bakery shop which are
1.Select the type of bakery you want to open
It’s important to do a nearby statistical survey so that you can have an idea that how national streams will influence your specific area and demographics. Here are some types which are as follows:-
- On the web (online):- You needn’t bother with a customer facing facade to open a bread kitchen. You can begin on the web. With an amazing site, photos of your work, and an approach to put in a request, you can run it from your home.
- Counter service:- With a little business space, clients can stroll in and get heated merchandise from a representative oversaw counter.
- Specialty service:-On the off chance that you intend to have practical experience in a specific sort of heated great, a claim to fame benefit is your best choice. Regardless of whether you maintain the business from your home or lease a space is dependent upon you.
- Seat System:- Many proprietors try to profit by the sit-down and eat alternative. It’s a developing pattern in the bakery industry at the present time.
2. Business Plan
This is one of the most important steps i.e. to make an effective business plan. This will streamline the operations, budgeting allocation, and strategies for future development of the bakery business.
The plan must include:
- Brief of the bakery business
- An overview of the business
- the trends in the market
- SWOT Analysis
- An operation plan
- Financial Analysis
- A proper marketing plan (target the customers)
3. Pick a Location for your Bakery Business
One of the initial steps is to choose a good location for the bakery. Therefore, the perfect area is a presumed market or top of the line shopping lanes where footfall is high. Ideally, front area shops on the ground floor are opting for it. It is because they are easily accessible and visible. It is advisable to have a 500 sq ft shop, separated into two area, in order to assemble a decent kitchen on one area, and other for serving or showcase your products. Although, this is subjective to the territory accessible, and your own particular decision.
While concluding the final location, make sure that the place has a legitimate water supply and sewage system. Get a proper legal agreement for the property as it is also required in paperwork and other licenses. You ought to likewise get a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the property owner that he has no issue that his shop would be utilized for sustenance outlet reason.
4. Get all Licenses required to open a Bakery in India
There are five main licenses which are as follows:-
- Food License: It can be applied for online. You can also take help of various agencies and online website. It is recommendable to have a five-year FSSAI food license if you don’t want to renew it every year.
- GST Registration: It can be done with help of a Charted Accountant.
- Health License: You can get the Municipal Corporation health license fee with the help of a local Municipal Health inspector. This would cost you around Rs 3,000.
- Fire License: You can get the fire license with a mere fee of Rs 1,000-2,000, after the installation of fire extinguisher cylinders.
5. Get the Require Manpower for Bakery Shop
Unlike the other shops, Bakery shops need an expert manpower who have cooking skills. It is because both the taste as well as the presentation is important in the case of baked goods. For a high-end bakery, you need a team of good chefs helpers, the serving team, and a cashier at the display and the serving area. The salary of the entire team depends on their experience and the work.
6. Kitchen Equipment and Display Area
The kitchen equipment must be tough and long-lasting. It is generally made up of stainless steel. Majorly, the equipment required in a bakery are; planetary mixers, ovens, deep fridges, gas stove, storage utensils, and molds etc. You must buy the latest equipment which increases your products more tasty and attractive. Although, may be costly but ultimately benefits to your business.
A display area is one of the most important factors of your sales. The front end of the bakery must be well designed. Also created in a manner such that it is noticeable and attracts walk-in customers. This will help to increase the footfall. This can be done through display fridges for cakes and pastries, and a display rack for items.
7. Billing software
The billing software specializes for bakery these days which also helps in inventory management. There are features to manage the shelf life of the baked items. Therefore, the correct choice for the software must be made wisely.
8. Be prepared to market your product
It doesn’t matter if you and your team spend all day and night in the kitchen creating the next best cake, but no one knows about it. Therefore it is necessary to set aside time and money to market your business.
Here are a few low costs or free marketing ideas:
- Write a blog: To promote the business, you can write and create blogs. They should showcase your best features and products of the bakery.
- Use social media: Nowadays, Social media is one of a great way to promote your business. If you want to reach to maximum customers in a short span of time, choose this medium.
- Join groups: For any business, networking can bring in more customers. Join local business groups like your chamber of commerce or small business association and make good relations with them.
9. Focus on your Customers
For any business customers are the key to success. Happy customers become repeat customers and become loyal to you. so, work to make each customer experience memorable. Satisfied customers bring more customers which increases your popularity as well as the goodwill of the bakery shop. Also, ask for the feedback and product suggestion from the customers. it will help you to know the level of service they want from you. Then make strategies for them.
10. Other Things Needed to Run a Bakery Business
- Staff uniform: Uniforms helps to deliver the professional look and also adds to the brand value of the bakery shop. It is important that the staff looks clean and hygienic.
- Online ordering is very popular nowadays so consider these online tie-ups. It is recommended that you should have a good website and tie-ups with the online apps and websites.
Related Topic: Organic food Business-Startup Guide
If you want to apply for Food License, you can go with FSSAI Food License.[/fusion_builder_column][/fusion_builder_row][/fusion_builder_container]