Why Do You Need Food License?
Food license Online Registration process is easier than the offline procedures. You aren’t supposed to choose anything even without considering your specific requirements for Food license. The same situation can also be observed when it comes to grabbing Food License. There could be various reasons or benefits behind choosing a license, but the most important one is the authentication of a food business. If you want to run a food business legally in India, you first need to look for FSSAI approval.
FSSAI is an abbreviation used for Food Safety and Standards Authority of India. FSSAI license is mandatory before starting any food business. All the manufacturers, traders, restaurants who are involved in the food business must obtain a 14-digit registration or a license number which must be printed on food packages.
This step is taken by governments food licensing & registration system to ensure that food products undergo certain quality checks, thereby reducing the instances of adulteration, substandard products and improve accountability of manufacturers by issuing food service license. FSSAI Online Registration is done through Legalraasta(FSSAI license consultants).
Types of FSSAI License
One can register FSSAI in Delhi, Mumbai, Haryana, etc and FSSAI registration for food business has three major categories:
- Central License
- State License
Following required to register their business with FSSAI from central government- Export Oriented Units, large manufacturers, importers, food business operators in Central Government Agencies, airport, seaport, etc.
Following need to get food license under FSSAI from state government- small to medium-sized manufacturing units, storage, transporters, retailers, marketers, distributors, etc.
FSSAI Basic Registration
Food business operators who are petty food manufacturers can obtain FSSAI registration under this scheme from the state government by submitting minimal documents.
Documents require for Food license online registration process
- Declaration form
- Authority letter
- Copy of Property paper (If owned property)
- Copy of Rent agreement (If rented property)
- Food Safety Management System plan or certificate
- Electricity/ Water bill (Business Place)
- Copy of Aadhaar Card/ Voter identity card of Proprietor/ Partners/ Director
- Form IX: Nomination of Persons by a Company along with the Board Resolution
- Blueprint/layout plan of the processing unit
- List of Equipment and Machinery
- List of food category desired to be manufactured
- Pesticide residues report of water
Food license Online Registration procedure
Food Business Operators can apply online for the Registration and Licensing through an online application system. This step by step guide for Food license Online Registration:-
- The first step is to go to the FSSAI site.
- When the page opens click on ‘Sign-up (For Self-Care Portal)’ which is on the right of the screen.
- A sign-up form will appear. Fill out your contact details
- Once the window opens fill your contact details
- Remember that the email – ID and mobile number you fill up for the sign –up should be active and valid, which means it must be in use.
- Make a unique username which is not already registered with the site.
- After filling up the form click on Register to complete the sign-up process.
- Once sign-up is successful you will get a message ‘account successfully created.’ You will also get a sign-up success confirmation message on your mobile as an SMS and via e-mail too.
- You now have an online account with FSSAI
- This user ID is valid for 30 days so make sure you apply online within 30 days or this user ID will be disabled after 30 days.
- You have taken the first step to apply for online License/Registration
- When you are ready to apply for License/ Registration, Do your registration on FSSAI site.
- Open your page with your username and password
- Fill the details in the Online Application Form. It will take some time so be prepared to sit at the computer for a while and have necessary documents loaded on your computer system beforehand like filled and signed Form B.
- Once the online form is filled up completely you have to take a printout of the filled out Online Application Form before you click on ‘submit’
- Once you have the print out then click ‘Submit’ tab
- Make a note of the reference number that is displayed on the screen once you have submitted the application
- You need this reference number to track the progress of your application for Registration or Licensing.
- The web-enabled form is available 24X7 so you can apply any time but keep time available as you must complete the whole application process preferably in one sitting so there are no mistakes and it does not go into Incomplete Application tab