- Functions Of FSSAI
- FSSAI Registration Forms
- How to Apply for FSSAI License?
- Checking Submitted FSSAI Application Status
- Checking Completed FSSAI Application Status
- Documents to Apply for FSSAI license
- Common Documents for All Licenses/ Registrations
- Documents for State License
- Documents for Central License
- Validity for FSSAI Licence
- Frequently Asked Questions
FSSAI stands for the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India. FSSAI is a body corporate in-charge of regulating the food articles and food businesses for good quality and safety of consumption along with secure food handling practices. FSSAI was established under the rules and regulations set by the Food Safety and Standards Act of 2006 under the supervision of the Government of India as well as the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. FSSAI endows food products for the consumption of the FSSAI Logo as well as giving the products and food businesses with a 14-digit Food License Number. To apply for this license food business owners have to go online on the FSSAI website, apply for the license/ registration and have to keep a check on the FSSAI application status as well.
Functions Of FSSAI
- FSSAI was incorporated to promote food safety. For the purpose, it has set some standards for the manufacture, storage, distribution, sale and import of food items. All these standards have been examined and have the back-up of science.
- FSSAI was formulated with a concept to assure that the food item is adulteration-free and healthy to consume.
- FSSAI also fixes up the formulation and implementation of various safety standards for food, required when all processes, starting from manufacturing, production, transporting, packaging or re-packaging, shipping, retailing, etc.
- FSSAI, as approved by the Food Safety and Security Act of 2006, has to control and frame the system to monitor the FBO. It sets up the guidelines for examining food in India, and a standardized system to be obeyed by the laboratories.
They are accessible in collecting and analyzing data linked to contamination and risks. Assist in spreading general awareness about safe food habits and nutrition over the general public.
FSSAI Registration Forms
FSSAI requires applications for Food License depends upon FORM A and FORM B. These forms filling will depend upon your annually turnover. They must be filled and submitted.
- FSSAI Registration Form A
FSSAI Registration Form A- LegalRaasta
The Fassi Registration Form A is required to be submitted and documented when Food Business Operator has an annual turnover within Rs.12 Lakh.
- FSSAI Registration Form B
- In the case of State FSSAI LicenceForm B is recorded when the FBO’s turnover is within Rs. 20 crore. The place of selling activity is limited to the state as it were and is provided by the Government of state.
- In the case of Central FSSAI LicenseForm B is recorded when the FBO’s turnover is more than Rs. 20 crore. It is provided by the Central Government of India.
How to Apply for FSSAI License?
Applying for the FSSAI registration is a simple procedure and it involves the following steps-
- Log on to http://foodlicensing.fssai.gov.in/. It is the FSSAI’s official government website
- Register/ Signup/ Create an account on the website providing valid details like contact number and e-mail address etc.
- You have to apply for a registration/ license within a time frame of 30 days because the account will be disabled after 30 days
- Check for eligibility of the license/ registration you need to apply for based on your annual turnover
- Given below is a classification of the food license you’re eligible for based on the annual turnover of your business
Annual Turnover Registration/License Up to ₹ 12 Lakhs Registration FORM A ₹12 lakhs– ₹ 20 Crores State License FORM B Exceeding ₹ 20 Crores Central License FORM B
- Once, you have submitted the application, you will be provided a 17-Digit FSSAI Application Reference Number (ARN) for keeping a track of your FSSAI Application Status.
Checking Submitted FSSAI Application Status
Here are the steps to check the FSSAI Application Status:
Step1: Go to Google.com and type in “Food Licensing”
Step 2:Click on the first result i.e.https://foodlicensing.fssai.gov.in.Given below is how the website looks
Step 3: Scroll down till you see “Track Application Status”
Step 4: Enter the 17-digit Reference number provided to you when you first apply for the FSSAI license. Enter the Captcha Code Given to you and Click “GO”.
Step 5: After Clicking Go, The website will display the FSSAI Application Status
Checking Completed FSSAI Application Status
- Checking the FSSAI application status is easy just click on ‘Complete Application and on License/Certificate’ type and press ‘Search’
- The license registration number will be displayed when you click on the ‘License/ Certificate number’ if a license has been issued.
- To view the Acknowledgement Receipt then click ‘view’ on the reference number.
- For FSSAI application status, you will see another window with the heading Detailed Report for State or Central LicensesCompleted Application(s) form. Hereunder Application Status, you will be able to view whether the license has been issued to you or not. If the license has been issued, you will be able to see the issue date and validity period.
Before you apply FSSAI online, you need to be prepared with a comprehensive list of documents in order to be able to complete your FSSAI application.
Documents to Apply for FSSAI license
In order to get FSSAI license approval, A Food Business Owner has to produce a comprehensive list of documents for verification.
Common Documents for All Licenses/ Registrations
Whether it is any type of FSSAI license, there are a few common documents that an FBO has to submit in order to go forward with the procedure of acquiring their food license. Every Food Business needs to provide these documents compulsorily.
- Signed and Completed FORM-B [FORM-A for Basic FSSAI registration]
- Photo Identity Proof of the Food Business Owner
- PAN Card
- Latest Passport Size Photograph
- Proof of Possession of the Premises( Land Papers or Rental Agreement)
- Articles Of Association /Certificate of incorporation/ Partnership Deed, if applicable
- An extensive list of food items FBO will be dealing with and handling.
- The plan for Food Safety System Management [Not needed for Basic FSSAI registration]
- Declaration form and Form IX
- Authority Letter
Documents for State License
The common documents will remain same along with with them the documents mentioned below are required for getting Sate FSSAI Licence :
- Blueprint or layout of the proposed location
- A detailed list of Equipment and Machinery installed or to be installed at the location
- NOC and copy of the license from manufacturers
- Authority letter with particulars about the name and address of the person responsible.
Documents for Central License
The common documents will remain same along with them the documents mentioned below are required for getting Central FSSAI Licence :
- Water Report Analysis from a well-established and/or a government health laboratory
- Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT) issued IEC (Import Export Code)
- Pesticide Residue Report of the water for units involved in the manufacturing of mineral or carbonated water
- Designated milk provider/ Source of Milk
- Proof of Annual turnover, if required
- Meat provider/ Meat processing units
- Certificates alotted by the Ministry of Tourism, if applicable
- Vehicles turnover proof, if applicable
Validity for FSSAI Licence
FSSAI license validity is from 1 to 5 years. It all depends on the Food business operator (FBO) that for how long he wants his license. After that, according to the FSSAI rules, the FBO needs to apply for the renewal of the license in 30 days and it must be made before its expiry. Any FSSAI renewal application filed exceeding the expiry date is asked to pay a late fee of Rs. 100 per day for each day of delay. So, all food business operators need to track and assure that the FSSAI license is valid at every time. If an FBO found running a food business without the license will be punished to pay fine. If a food business operator runs a food business without obtaining an FSSAI license, the act is punishable under law. The FBO may face imprisonment and FSSAI license penalty up to rupees Rs.5 lakhs for the same.
Remember, if you’re finding it difficult to apply for the license you can always contact us at FSSAI Food License, one of the top food consultants in the country. Call +91-8750008585 to get started now!
Frequently Asked Questions
• It also regulates the manufacturing, storage, distribution, sale, and import of goods.
• Along with this, it also facilitates food safety.
• Promoting innovation in food products
• Removing multiple regulations
• Facilitating trade without compromising consumer safety
• Step 2: Choose the number of years for which you require a food license
• Step 3: Pay the fee
• Step 4: Submit the required documents
• Basic registration: For petty businesses
• State license: Medium food businesses
• Central license: Large scale food businesses.
• In the case of state license, the turnover of the business should be 12 lakhs to 20 crores annum.
• And in the case of a central license, the turnover should be above 20 crores per annum.
• Trading of food products
• Distribution of food products
• Transportation of food products
LegalRaasta will help you to get your license renewed. You need to apply for the renewal 30 days before the current license expires.
• Importers need to ascertain a single central license at the Import-Export code address.
• The FBOs must obey the rules and regulations of registration
• Importers are allowed to take one single central license at their Import Export Code address.