In today’s life, people have become more conscious about their health and appearances. Nowadays, everybody focuses on leading a healthy life but due to hectic schedules, it becomes difficult to get all the nutrition required in the body. Also, it is necessary to look after your weight, it has become the biggest concern for the people. In this article, we will learn about the FSSAI food license for Herbalife.
A proper and balanced nutrition diet provides the needed portion of the fuel that is required for the routine activities and to maintain the good health of a person. But most of the people do not get the required nutrition from their meals as they skip their meals or intake junk food that does not provide a sufficient amount of nutrition. Because of the reason many people feel low energy and are not able to achieve their fitness goals. For that reason, to keep up their good health and fulfill their daily nutritional requirements the majority of people intake various energy drinks, health supplements, and other nutrition products with their meals to fulfill the requirement.
Herbalife is a company famous for Global nutrition and weight management. The company offers a wide range of weight management, personal care, and nutrition products. The company was founded in the year 1980 by Mark Hughes. Herbalife offers comprehensive and the highest quality and science-based products for everyday nutritional requirements. The company sells its products worldwide and has a large customer base. The company aims to change the life of people by providing the best and quality weight-management and nutritional products across the globe and offer the opportunity to earn extra income through direct selling. The company’s comprehensive range of products is available exclusively through independent Associates which is more than 2.3 million in more than 90 countries. There is a need for an FSSAI food license for Herbalife.
Herbalife Company makes nutrition products with fiber, vitamins, and protein to complement a balanced diet and support an active and healthy life. The company is among the leading companies that offer nutrition and weight-management products that range from healthy snacks, protein shakes, fitness and energy drinks and other personal care products.
After the research work being done, development, and manufacturing standards in the industry company are dedicated to serving innovative health products that give a balanced diet on a daily basis. The company is doing efforts on a continuing basis through investment in new technology and procedures to advance the development of the product and to give the highest quality and safe products to the consumers. Every product offered by the company is tested on diverse parameters. The quality team of Herbalife conducts audits and inspections on an interval basis of suppliers and manufacturers to ensure compliance. FSSAI food license for Herbalife is mandatory.
Herbalife has established a Nutrition Advisory Board (NAB) that comprise of the leading experts in the fields of health and nutrition who help educate and train our independent Associates on the principles of nutrition and a healthy lifestyle.
Role of FSSAI
Today, most of the end consumers have become health conscious and before buying a food product they ensure that the food product they are consuming is free from adulteration, contamination and prepared by maintaining the hygienic standards. Since consumers are becoming more aware so they prefer to purchase a product that is approved by the FSSAI. For the reason, it is imperative for the Food Business operators to get the product approval and the license to commence food business or manufacture, distribute, sell and import food products in India. FSSAI food license for Herbalife is important.
The FSSAI ensures that the companies get the license and provides the licenses to only those food products which are good for health, and are of good quality, and will not damage the health of the citizens of the country. There are several standards laid down by FSSAI to avoid the chances of any sort of violation that can be caused by the food products and affect the health of the citizens. For the reason, before the final launch of the food product in the market every product goes through a meticulous quality check and then only gets the license for import.
If the company is not able to fulfill the FSSAI requirements and provide sufficient documents for safety assessment then the company’s product can be rejected by the authority. In the past few years, the products of many top companies were rejected because of the presence of the ingredients that are unsafe for consumption and did not match the food safety compliance. For the reason, the companies need to follow the FSSAI norms strictly to get the license and product approval before launching it directly in the market. Also, FSSAI is formulated to ensure the safety of the end customer. For the reason, FSSAI also penalizes the companies that do not abide by the rules and fulfill the requirements as stated in the act.
How to obtain an FSSAI food license for Herbalife in India?
The FSSAI import license is imperative and all the importer companies must apply for the License as provided under the act. The importer has to take the NOC (No objection certificate) from FSSAI to import any food product in India. The company can visit the FSSAI website to apply for the license online. If the company fulfills all the requirements as required then they are provided with the license by the statutory authority.
FBOs like the Importers, 100% Export Oriented Units, large manufacturers, operators in the Central Government agencies, airports, seaports, etc. require a Central Food License. The Central license is issued by the Central Government. It is mostly for the units who are having an annual turnover which is higher than 20 crores. The largest tenure of this license is 5 years and the lowest is 1 year. Herbalife is an international company and it needs to issue a central license as it may have early turnover more than Rs.20 crores.
Procedure for Central License
- Based on your ability, if you found suitable for the central license, you will be redirected to the central licensing page. There you have to fill out the complete application.
- Make sure that the name of the food products that you have listed must be approved products as per the FSSAI act 2006.
- If you want to add a new product, then click on the ‘select food category’ and from the drop-down menu, select the food category.
- You can upload the form using the electronic signature. You can also download a copy of the form easily from our website.
- You will be asked the duration for which you want the license, select the appropriate option.
- You will receive the license by post in 25-30 days.
- Form B duly completed and signed.
- Plan of the processing unit.
- List of Directors, Partners or Owners with the address, contact details, and photo ID.
- Equipment and Machinery list to be prepared with the number and installed capacity.
- Food categories list to be manufactured.
- Authority letter from a manufacturer
- Report of Analysis for water to be used in the process
- Source of raw material for milk, meat, etc
- Recall plan where needed
- Ministry of Commerce Certificate for 100% EOU
- NOC/PA document issued by FSSAI
- IE code document issued by DGFT
- Form IX
- Certificate from Ministry of Tourism
- Proof of possession of premises
- Partnership deed/ affidavit of proprietorship
- NOC and copy of License from the manufacturer
- NOC from the municipality or local body
- Food safety management system plan or certificate
- Supporting document for proof of turnover and transportation
- Declaration form
Why Central Licence is important to register for Herbalife?
- The buyers, nowadays, are also alert and informed about the quality of the food which they consume. Due to various options of good and healthy food availability, the consumers want to know as to the contents of what they are taking in. Whether it is secure, adulteration-free and of really good quality? Besides, new controversies of some well-known brands producing and delivering poor food or using harmful ingredients, the consumers are taking seriously the standards of food safety. In such cases, the FBOs with a Food License has an added benefit of a solid and loyal customer base.
- If you think that getting an FSSAI registration would be a waste of time, efforts and money. That this is only another certificate. And you have been avoiding to get the license. You must consider it again. You would realize that the ends justify the efforts. The expense is tiny as compared to the penalties that can get imposed upon for not going by the law.
- On getting the certificate, you can use the FSSAI logo to enhance sales and goodwill. You can promote and publicize the superior quality of your product over others. This gives you an advantage over those operating without an FSSAI registration. The FSSAI logo is a mark of validity and an assurance to the consumers. Careful and aware customers prefer to buy only those products that possess the FSSAI logo.
- An FSSAI Registration or License will help in the process of applying for and getting bank loans that boost your business growth.
So, these were the procedure and documents required for different FSSAI licenses.
You may also like to read: How to get a Food License in India – FSSAI Food License
Frequently Asked Questions
FSSAI food license for Herbalife is important, The FSSAI ensures that the companies get the license and gives the licenses to only those food products which are good for health, and are of good quality, and will not damage the health of the citizens of the country.
1. The availability of quality food and food products.
2. Better standards of health.
3. Authentic information on general food safety and proper hygiene.
4. A supervisory framework for individuals who would like to enter into the food business by the provision of a suitable food license.
5. There is a provision for consumers who have been negatively affected due to the consumption of low quality or tainted food, to receive the proper return.