FSSAI License Renewal
Food License Renewal: Renew Food License Online
FSSAI license is mandertory to be renewed before the expiry validity time, otherwise, apply for a new license.
- Allotment of Basic FSSAI Renewal License.
- FSSAI License Renewal-Central and State.
- Documentation for FSSAI Renewal License.
Easy and Convenient FSSAI Renewal Process at the most affordable prices so you can proceed to offer first-class quality food to customers.
Get License Renewal within 45 days.
Get Food License
Renewal Of Food License
FSSAI regulates these businesses under the guidelines and regulations listed in FSSAI Act 2006. If you own a food business or is working in the food business you need have obtained FSSAI license. Most of the people don’t know that FSSAI License renewal is equivalently significant as that of getting the FSSAI License. An FSSAI License is needed to renew in its validity period itself. Any entrepreneur who desires to start a business in the food sector, be it food processing or food manufacturing, packaging or distributing, has to file for FSSAI along with its renewal in every 1-5 years.
With expert assistance get an FSSAI license in the fastest feasible way in only 4 easy steps-
- Direction on selecting the food license types
- Confirmation of your FSSAI registration documents
- Registering your online FSSAI application
- Acquisition of FSSAI food licence
Who Needs A Renewal Of Food License?
There are many people who need FSSAI Reneal Licence. Some of them are listed below:
Food sellers and resellers
Dairy and dairy processing
Food importers and exporters
Processors like pickle and dry fruit maker
Raw material suppliers to food businesses
Retailers & establishments who have a retail outlet
Transporters who shifts items from one location to another
Canteens in corporations, schools, colleges, hospitals or government institutions
How to apply for renewal of Food license?
FSSAI license is mandatory for every food business operator (FBOs) in India. It has to be taken by manufacturers, transporters, distributors, retailers, petty hawkers etc. Those qualified as per the requirement of the FSSA Act, 2006 are expected to get the Food license from the FSSAI authority before starting their food business. Also, is it not enough to obtain the license, but it is equally essential that the FSSAI license is renewed in time to continue running food business legally and comply with the FSSAI rules and regulations.
It is very essential to get the legal formalities and compliance included therein. Every FBO is expected to hold a valid food license to ensure that consumers are given with products that are secure for consumption and comply with the standards set down by the Act and the Authority. As per FSSAI guidelines, all food business operator has to appeal for renewal of the license 30 days before the expiry of the prevailing food license.
Validity & Renewal
After approval of the food License from FSSAI usually, it is issued with a validity of 1 year- 5 years. As determined by the FBO from the date of issue of registration or license directed to the enclosure of the fee applicable for the time and agreement with all provisions of the license. Before expiry, the licence can be renewed for 1 year to 5 as the case may be, not later than 30 days before the expiry date shown in the license years based on the needs of the license holder. Any renewal application filed exceeding the period mentioned after the expiry date shall be followed by a late charge of ₹ 100 per day for each day of delay.
Food License Renewal Procedure
The process to renew FSSAI license is not difficult at all and can be done in either of two ways:
Online Procedure for FSSAI Food License Renewal
The easiest and comfortable form of procedure for FSSAI Renewal is online. Comprehend the online procedure for renewing your food license. For obtaining the licence online and FBO has to follow a few steps and then will receive the licence within 30-60 days.
To do so, you require to 1st create your user id and password to register with FSSAI. Once you have an online account with the authorities, you can begin the application procedure. Upload all the necessary documents. Upon victorious submission of the application, you will be provided with an application reference number in position to keep track of the status of the application for the renewal of food license.
The user ID generated is only valid for 30 days. Hence, make sure you complete all the formalities and documentation within 30 days otherwise the ID will be disabled.
Offline FSSAI Renewal
The procedure to renew your food license can be made offline as well. There are few steps need to look over. Firstly, the FSSAI License is renewed by filing up the form A, B and C based on the eligibility of the food business for a particular type of license i.e state, central or basic licence. Secondly, attach a self-attested declaration expected to follow with the regulations of the Foood Safety and Standards Act (FSSA). Thirdly, authority gets your application for examining it and inspects FBO’s operating bases. Fourthly, when the inspection officer is satisfied with the compliance and regulations of the FBO they will transfer the application along with the report of the inspection. And lastly, in about 60 days the authorities will issue FSSAI Renewal Licence. In ay of the case the licence is not issued in 60 days of submission then don’t worry just carry on the business activity without the renewal.
Steps for Food License Renewal Procedure
- Step1: The very first step of FSSAI license renewal is to fill the Form A (Basic FSSAI Registration) or Form B (Central or State FSSAI registration) following the previous license along with the self-attested documents as mentioned under the guidelines of Food Safety and Standards Act, Regulations/Laws.
We can help you out in the compilation of all the documents required for FSSAI License renewal.
- Step 2: On receipt of the filled FSSAI License renewal application the authority will inspect it.
- Step 3: The authority must send its responsible officers to lead the examination of the FBOs.
- Step 4: FSSAI officer conduct a full probe and inspection of the Place of Food Business and completely inspects the standards and other guidelines about your food business and form its report.
- Step 5: FSSAI/Food license is expected to be circulated within 60 days by the proper authority.
What if you don’t receive any reply from the authority side even after 60 days, then you can keep working your food business without waiting for any reply.
Types Of Renewal Of Food License
There are 3 types of renewal licence-
Basic FSSAI License Renewal
It is appropriate for all FBO under basic registration having turnover is less than ₹12 Lakh
State FSSAI License Renewal
The State FSSAI license renewal is available for all FBO whose Turnover is within ₹12 Lakh- ₹20 Crore. The renewal fee depends upon the sort of food business and the validity of the license.
Central FSSAI License Renewal
If the food business operator has a turnover of higher than Rs. 20 crore then they come under FSSAI Central License. Additionally, they have to receive a Central FSSAI License Renewal before the expiry of their validity.
Benefits of issuing an FSSAI Renewal Licence
- Fresh concept is created that can bring improvement to your safety standards and assist you in reaching the benchmark of international organizations all thanks to FSSA act and FSSAI authority.
- It gives you with all the laws and department control by a single access point.
- It will give your customers some confidence seeing that your brand or business is FSSAI registered, and it will make it more comfortable for them to trust your business with the spirit of goodwill.
- As the buyer as you believe that the food you are consuming is licenced as well as safe to consume quality food.
- The most important part is the fssai renewal has the legal advantage the proceeding in the licence is done under the various inspects and examinations. Then only the application is forwarded for approval.
- Moreover, the license can also make it more relaxed for you to go for business expansion, this will be for feasible for getting a state or central licence.
Documents Required For Food License Renewal
- 2 Passport size photograph
- Identification proof ( Pan card, Driving license, Voter id card, Passport, Aadhaar card)
- PAN Card
- Address proof
- Papers of property or rent agreement
- Form A
- NOC’s by Municipality/ Panchayat, health Department etc. if any;
- Form B
- List of directors, partners, proprieties along with other details
- ID and Address proofs of directors, partners, proprieties
- Partnership deed/MOA/AOA
- Layout plan of the food processing unit
- Form IX nomination of persons by the company along with board resolutions.
- Authority letter drafted by manufacture
- For Manufacturer – List of Food Category
- Name and amount of equipments installed list by manufacturing and processing unit
- A canceled cheque
- For central Licence a Possession proof – Electricity bill, sale deed etc
- For central licence-Ministry of commerce certificate
- For central licence- EC documents issued by DGFT
- For central licence-Supporting documentary for proof of turnover
- For central licence- Analysis report of water to be used in the food
Food License renewal After the expiration and its consequences
If the application for FSSAI license renewal is not registered within the specified time, then Rs. 100 for per day of delay would be charged. If the application of a renewal license is not been applied within the specified time then it viewed as expired, and a new license needs to be applied in case the business has to maintain operations. So to avoid the penalty, it is suggested to renew the license in time.
The Registration of License will remain to be in force till such the time orders on the renewal application are permitted, which must not exceed 30 days from the date of expiry of registration or license.
If you do not want to attract any fine, then keep your FSSAI license latest. You are advised to renew your FSSAI license before its expiry and it is constantly better to apply for FSSAI registration renewal, the time you receives the notification.
You must go for FSSAI registration revival 30 days before the expiration of the license to evade the charges of late renewal of food license
Checking Compliance for Renewal Application Status
When you apply to renew FSSAI license, FSSAI conducts for an inspection of your registered FBO’s premises to inspect for compliance with regulations. In, this procedure the regulations which have been set by FSSAI under the FFSA are monitored by a Food Safety Officer. The officer checks for agreement, quality of products amenities, working provisions, food approach techniques of the operators. In regards to the same, the Food Safety Officer assigns/ checks the FBO’s compliance levels as Compliance(C), Non-Compliance(NC), Partial Compliance and Not Applicable/Not Observed (NA).
Important Factors For Food License Renewal Process
- An FSSAI registration is valid for a period of 1 – 5 years. One has to apply following Form A or B of Schedule 2 for the application for renewal of registration. One can apply for the license 30 days before the expiry date.
- In case the food business deals with meat or milk, the source of the raw material is to be considered.
- Hotels must get the FSSAI License. Hence, they have to keep a check on renewal date for their license.
- Non-renewal for FSSAI license ignorance would lead to a penalty.
- The status of the FSSAI License renewal application can be verified online.
Frequently Asked Questions
2. An easy and clear issue of license with a time of 1 month.
3. There is no license for small FBO’s, only certification and registration are necessary.
4. This act ensures the safety of the consumer and guarantees full compensation to the victim in case of harm or death.
• List of Equipment and Machinery along with with their name, number, installed capacity and horsepower used.
• List of food category wanted to be manufactured.
• Letter of Authority ( In the case of the manufacturer)
• Report on Analysis of water to be used food from a public health laboratory.