Procedure for Central License Application
1. According to the eligibility criteria, if you come in the category for Central License then you will be directed to the Central Licensing page where you have to fill out the application shown according to Food Safety and Standards Act 2006. Every data provided to the department should be correct and appropriate.
2. Do make sure to write down generic names like coconut oil, flavored milk and not brand names.
3. Make sure that the names of food products which you list must be approved products as per FSS Act 2006
4.If you want to add a new product then click on ‘Select Food Category’ in the screen of Food Processing Unit and from the drop down menu select the food category. Fill all food items one by one but for clarity. Fill up all information correctly as the same will appear on your License.
5. Next step is to download the form.You can even upload the form by using electronic signature.
6. Now you are coming towards the end of the process. At last of the screen you will be asked for how many years you want to apply. You have to choose the appropriate period of time.