Get Food License
It is initiated by the submission of Form A (application) to food and safety department.
The application may be accepted or rejected by the department within 7 days from the application date.
If the application is accepted, a registration certificate will be granted by the department along with the registration number and the photo of the applicant.
Prominently, FBO should display the certificate of the registration at the place of business during the business hours.
Usually, FBO having large manufacturers, importers, exporters dealing in a large-scale food business need to obtain FSSAI registration from Central government and FBO with small to medium-sized manufacturing units, transporters, marketers, traders etc, require to take FSSAI registration from the state government.
1. For obtaining central license, state license or registration certificate, you have to check the eligibility option.
2.Then you have to provide the serial number, name and all other information which have been asked by the department.
3.You can operate in more than one premise or unit and work in multiple districts or states.
4. The final step is to check your eligibility
1. According to the eligibility criteria, if you come in the category for Central License then you will be directed to the Central Licensing page where you have to fill out the application shown according to Food Safety and Standards Act 2006. Every data provided to the department should be correct and appropriate.
2. Do make sure to write down generic names like coconut oil, flavored milk and not brand names.
3. Make sure that the names of food products which you list must be approved products as per FSS Act 2006
4.If you want to add a new product then click on ‘Select Food Category’ in the screen of Food Processing Unit and from the drop down menu select the food category. Fill all food items one by one but for clarity. Fill up all information correctly as the same will appear on your License.
5. Next step is to download the form.You can even upload the form by using electronic signature.
6. Now you are coming towards the end of the process. At last of the screen you will be asked for how many years you want to apply. You have to choose the appropriate period of time.
1. After you have checked your eligibility and you are eligible for multi licenses then you can apply for state license individually.
2.Based on the pre-check procedure if you are falling in the category for State License then you will be directed to the State Licensing page where you will fill out the application shown according to Ac of food security, 2006.
3.The procedure for state licensing application is very similar to Central License Application. It is filled in the same way as of central. The process is similar to that of central license as mentioned above.
Following are the documents needed for the Central food license:
Following are the documents needed for the State food License: