What is FSSAI?
Food Safety and Standards Authority of India ( FSSAI) is an autonomous body working under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India. FSSAI was established under the Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006 which regulates the Food Safety in India. The Ministry of Health and Family welfare has made easy for the Food Business Operators to obtain the FSSAI License Online.
Online Procedure for getting FSSAI License –
Food Business can apply online for the registration or license through an online application system. Here is the step by step guide which will make things clear to understand –
- The first step is to visit the website of FSSAI on your computer, laptop or any other device.
- The second step is to click on Sign Up ( For self – Care Portal ) which will appear on the right side of your screen.
- Then a sign-up form will appear, fill in all the necessary contact details.
- Once the window opens fill your contact details.
- Check that the e-mail address and phone numbers you mention are active and in current use.
- After filling up the form click on the button Register to complete the sign-up process.
- After completing the registering process you will get a confirmation message ” Account successfully Created”. You will also get a sign-up success confirmation message on your mobile as an SMS and via e-mail too.
- After this, you will have an online account of FSSAI.
- This User ID created will be valid only for 30 days, so make sure you apply within this time span otherwise, ID will be disabled within the 30 days.
- This will be the first step to apply for Online Registration/License for FSSAI.
- When you are ready to apply for License/Registration go to the website again.
- Fill the details in the Online Application Form. It will take some time so be prepared to sit at the computer for a while and have necessary documents loaded on your computer system beforehand like filled and signed Form B.
Important Points to Remember –
- Once the online form is filled up completely you have to take a printout of the filled out Online Application Form before you click on ‘submit’
- Once you have the print out then click ‘Submit’ tab
- Make a note of the reference number that is displayed on the screen once you have submitted the application
- You need this reference number to track the progress of your application for Registration or Licensing.
- The web-enabled form is available 24X7 so you can apply any time but keep time available as you must complete the whole application process preferably in one sitting so there are no mistakes and it does not go into Incomplete Application tab.
- Remember you have to submit the printout of the filled up Online Application Form to the Regional Authority/State Authority with all supportive documents within 15 days from the date of making the online submission for your application to be considered.