- 1 FSSAI
- 2 How to Apply for FSSAI License?
- 3 Checking Submitted FSSAI Application Status
- 4 Checking Completed FSSAIApplication Status
- 5 Documents to Apply for FSSAI license
FSSAI stands for the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India. FSSAI is a body corporate in-charge of regulating the food articles and food businesses for good quality and safety of consumption along with secure food handling practices. FSSAI was established under the rules and regulations set by the Food Safety and Standards Act of 2006 under the supervision of the Government of India as well as the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. FSSAI endows food products for consumption the FSSAI Logo as well giving the products and food businesses with a 14-digit Food License Number. To apply for this license food business owners have to go online on the FSSAI website, apply for the license/ registration and have to keep a check on the FSSAI application status as well.
How to Apply for FSSAI License?
Applying for the FSSAI registration is a simple procedure and it involves the following steps-
- Log on to http://foodlicensing.fssai.gov.in/. It is the FSSAI’s official government website
- Register/ Signup/ Create an account on the website providing valid details like contact number and e-mail address etc.
- You have to apply for a registration/ license within a time frame of 30 days because the account will be disabled after 30 days
- Check for eligibility of the license/ registration you need to apply for based on your annual turnover
- Given below is a classification of the food license you’re eligible for based on the annual turnover of your business
Annual Turnover Registration/License Up to ₹ 12 Lakhs Registration FORM A ₹12 lakhs– ₹ 20 Crores State License FORM B Exceeding ₹ 20 Crores Central License FORM B
- Once, you have submitted the application, you will be provided a 17-Digit FSSAI Application Reference Number (ARN) for keeping a track of your FSSAI Application Status
Checking Submitted FSSAI Application Status
Here are the steps to check FSSAI Application Status:
Step1: Go to Google.com and type in “Food Licensing”
Step 2: Click on the first result i.e. https://foodlicensing.fssai.gov.in. Given below is how the website looks
Step 3: Scroll down till you see “Track Application Status”
Step 4: Enter the 17-digit Reference number provided to you when you first apply for the FSSAI license. Enter the Captcha Code Given to you and Click “GO”.
Step 5: After Clicking Go, The website will display the FSSAI Application Status
Checking Completed FSSAIApplication Status
- Checking the FSSAI application status is easy just click on ‘Complete Application and on License/Certificate’ type and press ‘Search’
- License registration number will be displayed when you click on ‘License/ Certificate number’ if a license has been issued.
- To view the Acknowledgement Receipt then click ‘view’ on reference number.
- For FSSAI application status, you will see another window with the heading Detailed Report for State or Central LicensesCompleted Application(s) form. Here under Application Status, you will be able to view whether the license has been issued to you or not. If the license has been issued, you will be able to see the issue date and validity period.
Before you apply FSSAI online, you need to be prepared with a comprehensive list of documents in order to be able to complete your FSSAI application.
Documents to Apply for FSSAI license
In order to get FSSAI license approval, A Food Business Owner has to produce a comprehensive list of documents for verification.
Common Documents for All licenses/ Registrations
Whether it is any type of FSSAI license, there are a few common documents that an FBO has to submit in order to go forward with the procedure of acquiring their food license. Every Food Business needs to provide these documents compulsorily.
- Signed and Completed FORM-B [FORM-A for Basic FSSAI registration]
- Photo Identity Proof of the Food Business Owner
- PAN Card
- Latest Passport Size Photograph
- Proof of Possession of the Premises( Land Papers or Rental Agreement)
- Articles Of Association /Certificate of incorporation/ Partnership Deed, if applicable
- An extensive list of food items FBO will be dealing with and handling.
- The plan for Food Safety System Management [Not needed for Basic FSSAI registration]
Additional Documents for State License
- Blueprint or layout of the proposed location
- Detailed list of Equipment and Machinery installed or to be installed at the location
- NOC and copy of the license from manufacturers
- Authority letter with particulars about the name and address of the person responsible.
Additional Documents for Central License
- Water Report Analysis from a well-established and/or a government health laboratory
- Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT) issued IEC (Import Export Code)
- Pesticide Residue Report of the water for units involved in the manufacturing of mineral or carbonated water
- Designated milk provider/ Source of Milk
- Proof of Annual turnover, if required
- Meat provider/ Meat processing units
- Certificates alotted by the Ministry of Tourism, if applicable
- Vehicles turnover proof, if applicable
Remember, if you’re finding it difficult to apply for the license you can always contact us at FSSAI Food License, one of the top food consultants in the country. Call +91-8750008585 to get started now!