An FSSAI food license is the one and only most important license which is necessary for the food business operators in India. All the eligible food operators like the manufacturers, transporters, distributors, retailers, etc are thus required to have an FSSAI food license before the commencement of the business. But, getting an FSSAI license is not just a onetime protocol, however, it is equally important in order to make sure that your license is up to date.
The validity of an FSSAI license thus extends from 1 to 5 years and it depends upon the number of years which is chosen by the food operator. The cost of the license, however, increases with the number of years which he has applied for. As per the FSSAI guidelines, you, however, need to apply for the FSSAI License Renewal within 30 days of the expiration of the existing one.
If the renewal application is not filed within this time, then a penalty of Rs. 100 will be charged for each day of delay. If the registration of renewal of a license has not been applied for within the specified time, then the license is thus considered expired and the business operator has to stop its business activity at the premises. The business operator also has to apply for a new license if they thus wish to restart the business. Therefore, it is always advisable to renew your FSSAI food license at the time which is provided in order to avoid penalties.
The process of renewal of the FSSAI license is thus the same as the process which is to be followed for the application of the FSSAI license.
Here is the complete guide of FSSAI Licensing–
The process is thus carried out in the following steps:
- Filling of the Form A /Form B: The Form A or Form B are required to be filled which is based on the eligibility of the Food Operator. They are the basic forms which consist of the business activities of the Food Operator which are needed to be filled along with the self-attested declaration that you need to comply with the guidelines of the Food Safety and Standard Act. A photo identity proof such as an adhaar card, driving license, voter id card, passport etc are required to be attached.
- Verification: On receiving your application, the authorities would then examine it and could also arrange for an inspection at your business premises in order to make sure that you have disclosed all the information which is submitted correctly.
- Completion: After successfully inspecting your business proceedings, if they are satisfied, then they would issue a license in your favor.
- Getting the License: The license should then take not more than 60 days to reach you. If more than 60 days have passed and if you have not received the food license, then you can resume your business without waiting for any further notice. The documents that are required for applying for the renewal of the license which is given under the existing law prior to new regulation.
- Form B which is duly completed and it is signed by the proprietor/ partner of the authorized signatory.
- Changes in the information/ documentation which are provided earlier under the grant of the previous license.
- Certificate or Plan of Food Safety Management System (FSMS)/Self Declaration which is with regards to FSMS/ Annual Audit Report.
- List of workers along with their medical fitness certificate.
- Name, qualification, and details of the technical persons who are in charge of the operations.
- Form IX: nomination of the persons along with the board resolution.
- Declaration Form ( In case of Delhi and Himachal Pradesh ).