Procedure – It takes just 4 simple steps.
1. Complete our simple questionnaire.
2. We will provide consultation whether you are eligible for a simple Registration, State License or Central License.
3. Provide all necessary documents.
4. We create your Application and file it with FSSAI Authority.
Process for registration:
- Every food business operators are required to have an active telephone number as well as email ID. This is required for licensing.
- The name of the respective food business operators should be spelt correctly in the application as it will appear in the license.
- When your application is successfully submitted then the system will give you a unique reference ID which is to be written in your every application.
- The next step is for payment of the fee. Take the print of the acknowledgement and online application form and make a demand draft (DD) of the specified amount.
Procedure for checking Eligibility for Registration Certificate, State or Central License (For all applicants)
- For obtaining central license, state license or registration certificate, you have to check the eligibility option.
- Then you have to provide the serial number, name and all other information which have been asked by the department.
- You can operate in more than one premise or unit and work in multiple districts or states.
- The final step is to check your eligibility.
Procedure for Central License Application
- According to the eligibility criteria, if you come in the category for Central License then you will be directed to the Central Licensing page where you have to fill out the application shown according to Food Safety and Standards Act 2006. Every data provided to the department should be correct and appropriate.
- Do make sure to write down generic names like coconut oil, flavored milk and not brand names.
- Make sure that the names of food products which you list must be approved products as per FSS Act 2006
- If you want to add a new product then click on ‘Select Food Category’ in the screen of Food Processing Unit and from the drop down menu select the food category. Fill all food items one by one but for clarity. Fill up all information correctly as the same will appear on your License.
- Next step is to download the form.You can even upload the form by using electronic signature.
- Now you are coming towards the end of the process. At last of the screen you will be asked for how many years you want to apply. You have to choose the appropriate period of time.
Procedure for State License Application
- After you have checked your eligibility and you are eligible for multi licenses then you can apply for state license individually.
- Based on the pre-check procedure if you are falling in the category for State License then you will be directed to the State Licensing page where you will fill out the application shown according to Ac of food security, 2006.
- The procedure for state licensing application is very similar to Central License Application. It is filled in the same way as of central. The process is similar to that of central license as mentioned above.
Important information to be kept in mind
Those operators who want to apply for license renewal must apply at least 30 days prior to the expiry of the license.