Street Food License
If you are into the food business, it is mandatory for you to get the FSSAI registration to operate in India along with being well aware of the FSSAI/food license display rules. There are three categories of permits that a street food License has to select from:
These are based on the turnover or the nature of the activities that a Street Food License is undertaking. Once the user receives the FSSAI number. The FSSAI number is a 14-digit number issued by FSSAI, displaying certain rules that the user must comply with in terms of advertising the information. Earlier only the 14-digit number was required to be displayed. The FSSAI Registration department in order to strengthen food safety has introduced Food Safety Display Boards (FSDBs) for various food businesses. In addition to the existing mandatory requirement of the FSSAI display, it will also be mandatory for FBOs to display these FSSAI display at food business operator premises.
Rules for Display Boards for Street Food License
Given below are the rules a Street Food License should follow while displaying the respective board:
- A sheet of A4 size for FSSAI Registered food business and A3 for FSSAI Licensed Food Business.
- Number of FSDs should be displayed: A minimum of one FSDB may be displayed. More than one can be displayed in case the outlet is big in size and FSDB displayed is not visible to all the consumers and food handlers from one specific place.
- The material of FSDB: Content of FSDB should not get blurred or damaged over time.
- Directions for FBOs: The FBOs may add their FSSAI License Number on the top along with Company Name and Feedback Details on the lower right-hand side for a feedback mechanism.
- The Street food display board should be related to the Street food business that a vendor is owning.
Mentioned below are some important instructions that must be followed mandatorily:
- Display of FSSAI registration/license number of the FBO, which the customer can verify on the FSSAI website.
- Food Safety and Hygiene Requirements – Inform the consumers, the food handlers and the regulatory staff of these important requirements. Thus getting 360-degree assurance on food safety.
- An effective consumer feedback system that provides various options to consumers for sending feedback. However, the feedback should be taken through WhatsApp, SMS or give feedback on FSSAI App.
As Food Safety Display Boards are the informative boards. Which therefore primarily display food safety and hygiene practices to be followed by FBO in their establishment. However, The FSDBs are color-coded for different kind of food businesses for ease of recognition by the consumers. Thus, The color-coding as per the kind of business is as follows:
- Purple for Restaurant
- Green for Fruit & Vegetable Retail
- Red for Meat Retail
- Blue for Milk Retail
- Purple for Street Food
- Grey for Retail Store
- Brown for Liquor Retail
- Navy Blue for Transport & Distribution
- Yellow for Storage
- Turquoise for Manufacturing
License and Registration
- For License and its registration, all the FBO’s are required to have a valid and active personal e-mail ID and mobile number.
- The name of the FBO should be spelled correctly in the application as it will appear in the License.
- After the submission of application, the system will respectively generate a unique Reference Id for the application.
- The user is required to take a print out of the “Acknowledgment” and “Online Application Form” and attach the Demand Draft of the prescribed fees if the mode of payment is Demand Draft. All the supporting documents as mentioned in the Document Checklist must be attached with the application. The user is also required to submit the application to the State Authority or Regional Office of FSSAI within 15 days from the date of submission of the online form.