State FSSAI License is the most occupied license for operating a food business in India. FSSAI license is either a State License or Central License depending on certain criteria. Large FBOs and the international food traders require Central License. Whereas the medium-size FBOs require the State FSSAI license. If you want to know the criteria for getting a Central FSSAI License, read our another article on Central FSSAI License. In this article, we will study the requirements for getting the State FSSAI License.
State FSSAI License Eligibility Criteria
Following FBOs are Eligible for the FSSAI State License:
- Milk Products manufacturing units including milk chilling units. The capacity to process 501 to 50,000 liters of liquid milk per day. Or 2.5 to 2500 MT of milk solid per annum.
- Edible oil altering units producing oil by the process of solvent extraction. Refineries that includes oil expeller unit which is having the capacity to process up to 2 MT per day.
- Butchery mob which handles upto 50 large animals, 150 small animals or 1000 poultry birds per day.
- Brawn processing units preparing upto 500 kgs of meat per day or upto 150 MT per annum.
- All food managing units including labeling and repacking more than 100 kg per day.
- manufacturers of proprietary food.
- Storage units other than those having controlled atmosphere and cold environment having a capacity of upto 50,000 MT.
Following FBOs are also eligible for State FSSAI License-
- Cold Storages with the capacity of upto 10,000 MT.
- Controlled Atmosphere + Cold Storage with the capacity of upto 1,000 MT.
- Wholesalers with the annual turnover of upto Rs.30 crores.
- Retailers having a turnover upto Rs.20 crores per annum.
- Distributors having the turnover upto Rs.20 crores per annum.
- Suppliers with the annual turnover of Rs.20 crores or less.
- Caterers having a turnover of Rs.20 crores per annum or lesser.
- Hotels – four Star & precceeding or hotels with a turnover of 12 lacks per annum or more.
- Restaurants having a turnover of fewer than Rs.20 crores per annum.
- Transporters with upto 100 vehicles. Or turnover upto Rs.30 crores per annum.
- Marketers having the annual turnover of upto Rs.20 crores.
- Dhaba, Boarding Houses serving food, Banquet halls with food catering arrangements, Home based Canteens / Dabba Wallas, Permanent or Temporary Stall Holders, Food Stalls or Arrangements in Religious gatherings or fairs having a turnover of more than Rs.12 lakhs per annum.
- Club or canteens with a turnover of more than Rs.12 lakhs per annum.
- All grains, cereals, and pulses milling units.
One can renew FSSAI License after its expiration.
Documents Required for Getting the State FSSAI License
Following are the documents required for the State FSSAI License-
- Form- B of the FSSAI Registration.
- Process layout mentioning the dimensions and operation-wise area allocations.
- List of complete Leadership with full address and contact details.
- Name and list of equipment along with its registration number, capacity, and power consumption.
- A photo ID and address proof by the Government.
- List of food category planned for manufacturing.
- Authority letter with name and address of a responsible person nominated along with a responsible person.
- Analysis report of water you are going to use in the food from a recognized / public health laboratory to confirm the portability.
- Proof of ownership of the premises.
- Partnership Deed for Proprietorship or MOA & AOA with the Certificate of Incorporation. In the case of Company, three pages are to be uploaded: Certificate of Incorporation, Authorization of food business activity and List of Directors.
- Copy of certificate obtained under Coop Act – 1861 / Multi-State Coop Act – 2002 in case of Cooperatives. (If applicable).
Some other documents that are required-
- NOC & Copy of License from the manufacturer.
- Food Safety Management System Plan or Certificate.
- Source of milk or procurement plan for milk including the location of milk collection centers in case of milk and milk products processing units.
- Source of raw material for meat and meat processing plants.
- Pesticide protection report of water from a recognized laboratory if manufacturing packaged water. It may be drinking water, packaged mineral water or carbonated water.
- Recall plan wherever applicable, with details on whom the product is distributed (optional).
- NOC from Municipality or Local Body.
- Ministry of Commerce Certificate for 100% EOU.
- NOC issued by FSSAI License.
- IE Code issued by DGFT.
- Nomination of Person(s) by a Company(Form IX).
- Certification by the Ministry of Tourism.
- Detailed proof of income in writing.
- Self-declaration of the number of vehicles.
- FSSAI Declaration Form.