Food catering services and restaurants operating from Indian Railways are covered under FSSAI Central Licensing, according to the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) regulations under the FSS (Licensing and Registration of Food Businesses) Regulation, 2011. In order to prevent food poisoning like that caused by the 2018 train incident, FSSAI and India Railways considered implementing a number of steps to control food catering services offered by various agencies.
This choice was made in response to the Puri-Howrah Shatabdi Express disaster, in which numerous passengers passed away or became ill as a result of tainted food. If you need to offer food supplies to Indian Railways, the Fssaifoodlicense blog will provide you with the fundamental knowledge you need to obtain a fssai license or registration. So, get in touch with fssaifoodlicense right away if you intend to supply food to railways and want to obtain a fssai registration license to prevent food poisoning crimes.
What Does FSSAI Mean for Catering Vendors on Railroads?
All food vendors, including petty shopkeepers, hawkers, proprietors of temporary food stand, and other small-scale food industry operators, must register with the FSSAI if their annual turnover exceeds 12 lakhs or their manufacturing capacity of food does not exceed 100 kg per day. For catering services with an annual revenue of more than Rs 12 lakh, an FSSAI registration license is required. Because of this, there are many food vendors selling their wares underneath the shed of railroad properties, which is quite convenient for travelers who want to eat in between trips.
Who May Apply for food license for Railway Food Services?
- Registration with the Foscos is necessary for caterers with a yearly revenue of up to or greater than 12 lakh rupees.
- Clubs and canteens with annual revenue of up to or exceeding 12 lakh rupees are also required to have it, as are restaurants with an annual revenue of up to or exceeding 12 lakh rupees.
- Dhabas, food-serving boarding homes, banquet halls, home-based canteens, Dabbawalas, permanent and temporary food booths, food stalls at events, fairs, expos, religious gatherings, etc., as well as businesses selling fish, meat, and poultry with annual sales of up to or exceeding 12 lakhs
- A food license consultant is also needed for hawkers, mobile food vendors, tea vendors, and small shops.
How do I apply for food license for railway?
For the purpose of engaging in food catering with the Indian Railway, food business operators must submit an application for a Central Food License. Online application status monitoring is available. The required paperwork must be electronically uploaded. We will go over the entire process for fssai registration in the following steps:
- Visit the Food License Portal.
- Fill out the FSSAI online application with the necessary information.
- Make the required online payment for the registration of a food licence.
- Your application will be processed by one of fssai department officer.
- After the process is complete, you will be given your FSSAI licence certificate, which you may download from the website of the official government agency.
- Visit our website, https://www.fssaifoodlicense.com/, and connect with our best food license consultant in India as soon as possible.
- And complete your basic registration information for Foscos registration.
- Next, make an online payment.
- We will complete your application and any outstanding paperwork.
- Following that, a fssai registration license application will be sent to you via mail and courier.
Required documentation for railroad food business FSSAI registration
The following paperwork must be presented to the Indian Railway Licensing Authority in order to obtain a permit:
1. Form-B properly submitted and signed (in duplicate) by the owner, partner, or designated individual.
2. The processing unit’s blueprint, showing the measures in metres or square metres and the regions that will be allocated according to each activity (required for manufacturing and processing units).
3. Companies must also submit a list of their directors, proprietors, partners, and executive associates from trusts and societies, together with their complete addresses and phone numbers, in order to apply for a food license.
4. A list of the materials and equipment used, together with their names, capacities, and horsepower (obligatory for manufacturing and processing units).
5. Photo identification and proof of address provided by the expert, directors, principals, partners, or authorised signatories.
6. Manufacturers must also submit a list of the food products they want to create in order to register with the FOSCOS.
7. A letter of authority with the manufacturer’s choice for the person in charge’s name and address. Additionally, a substitute individual and that individual’s abilities to assist the officials with inspection, sample collecting, packing, and dispatch.
8. To confirm the mobility of the water being used to prepare food, analysis reports must be obtained from a reputable or public health lab (obligatory for manufacturing and processing units only).
9. Support for the assertion (rent agreement, electricity bill, sale deed, etc.).
10. Affidavit of proprietorship, a partnership agreement, and articles of association for the establishment of an organization.
11. If it is a cooperative, a copy of the certificate obtained under the Multi-State Cooperative Act of 2002 or the Cooperative Act of 1861.
12. Repackagers and re-labelers must obtain a NOC from the producer.
13. Any applicable Food Safety Management System credential or scheme.
14. When applicable, the milk and milk product handling units’ milk supply source, milk procurement strategy, location of milk pool centers, and other information.
15. Raw material sources for meat and meat processing facilities.
16. Companies producing packaged drinking water, mineral water, or carbonated water from a reputable or public health research institute may report pesticide residues in their water.
17.Recall the approach if necessary.
19. A declaration of no objection by the District Municipal Board.
20. Form IX: Organizational Proposal of Individuals with Board Resolution.
21. Documents of turnover or self-declaration of the number of vehicles for transporters.
22. If you are from Delhi or Himachal Pradesh, a declaration form.
As a conclusion, we state that in order to avoid issues with food poisoning or adulteration, it is very necessary to get a food license from the FSSAI regulatory authority. Therefore, every Food Business Operator (FBO) is required to hold a license or register in accordance with the necessity or demand. One additional Central license for Head/Registered Office is necessary if FBO operates in more than one state. A single central license may be obtained by importers at their IE code location. There is only one license or registration per type of business on a single property.
Consult the ISO-certified consultancy food license consultant fssai food license, which offers a simple registration process for an FSSAI, if you need advice on food licenses. Our registrations include basic, state or central fssai registration and renewal as well as food license registration and food license renewal. Please spread the word about our site if you think it is useful to others. Please leave us a comment on our given blog if you have any questions about FSSAI registration.