The FSSAI creates science-based standards for food goods and controls their production, storage, distribution, sale, and import to guarantee that the 130 crore residents of the country have access to wholesome and secure food. This article explains what the FSSAI is and the numerous FSSAI food permits, perks, and paperwork that are issued. If you have any questions about FSSAI registration, our legal expert at fssaifoodlicense can assist you register for an FSSAI licence.
What is FSSAI?
The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India, an unbiased organization, submits reports to the Indian Ministry of Health & Family Welfare (FSSAI). According to the Food Safety and Standards Act, the FSSAI was founded in 2006. The FSSAI is a big umbrella organization that unifies a variety of earlier rules, legislation, and guidelines pertaining to food security.
Read More Blog :- How to Apply for Renewal ? FoSCoS – FSSAI
FSSAI consolidates older laws:
1947-Vegetable Oil Products (Control) Order,
1954-Prevention of Food Adulteration Act
1955-Fruit Products Order
1973-Meat Food Products Order
1988-Edible Oils Packaging (Regulation) Order
1992-Milk and Milk Products Order
Several FSSAI Food Licence Types
License for FSSAI Basic Registration
- Small manufacturers, storage facilities, transporters, marketers, and distributors are granted this licence by the State Government. The company has an annual revenue of 12 lakh. The licence is awarded for a duration of 5 years, with a minimum of 1 year
State License FSSAI Registration
- This licence is intended for SMEs, including distributors, marketers, storage facilities, and transportation. The State Government issues this licence. The business must operate in just one state. Its annual revenue must be at least 2 lakh. The licence is valid for a minimum of a year and a maximum of five years.
Central licences given by FoSCos FSSAI are required for businesses that
operate as importers in the food industry or export-oriented businesses, big
factories, operators in Central Government Agencies, ports, or airports, etc.
The Central Government issuing this licence. If a company in the food industry
operates in multiple states or cities, it must have a licence for the head
office. This licence is only available to FBOs with a 20 crore yearly revenue.
It is provided for a minimum of 1 year and a maximum of 5 years.
Required Documents for FSSAI Registration
Most small food sellers are eligible for an FSSAI food licence, and registering with the agency is a pretty straightforward process. The following papers are needed to apply for an FSSAI License:
- Photograph of a food industry operator.
- Ration cards, voter identification cards, PAN cards, driver’s licences, passports, Aadhar cards, senior citizen cards, and department-issued IDs are a few examples of documents that prove your identity.
- Health NOC; NOC by Municipality/Panchayat.
- Form-B that has been properly filled out and signed (in duplicate) by the owner, a partner, or another authorized signatory
- Only manufacturing and processing facilities are excluded from this requirement. The processing unit must have a blueprint or layout plan with dimensions in metres and square metres and a space allocation by operation.
- Every director, partner, and executive member of the society or trust must provide their full names, addresses, and contact information.
- The names of the equipment and machinery, as well as their numbers, installed capacities, and horsepower requirements only processing and manufacturing facilities are required to follow this.
- Proprietor, Partner, Director(s), or Authorized Signatory must provide Identity and Address Proof issued by a Government Authority.
- A list of the food types that the business intends to manufacture, or in the case of producers, a producer list.
- An authority letter with the manufacturer’s designated responsible person’s name, address, and alternative responsible person’s name, along with the powers granted to them, detailing their participation in inspections, sample collection, packing, and dispatch for manufacturers/processors for fssai food licence.
- A report on the chemical and microbiological analysis of water intended for use as a food ingredient that has been issued by a recognised or public health laboratory, with the exception of manufacturing and processing facilities.
- Evidence of property ownership. (Sale Deed, Lease, Utility Bill, etc.)
- Where to obtain meat from when applying for a food licence at meat processing facilities.
- The pesticide residues report of water from a recognised public health laboratory shall be issued in the case of units producing packaged drinking water, packaged mineral water, and/or carbonated water.
- No Objection Certificate (NOC) or a copy of the manufacturer’s licence (required exclusively for repackages and re-labelers) – (a) Declaration and Undertaking System Plan or Certificate
- If processing milk or milk products is involved, the company must present a milk procurement strategy or milk source, including the precise location of milk collection facilities.
- A certificate from the tourism ministry.
- A Municipality or local body’s No Objection Certificate (NOC) is required to apply for an FSSAI licence.
- Where appropriate, recall the plan.
Principal Goal of FSSAI Food License
Economic Times reports that barely 1 in 5 restaurants has a valid FSSAI licence in 2019. In 2016, only 1 in 15 food enterprises were registered with the FSSAI, according to an older study by Hindu. It is realistic to infer that a large number of food enterprises still lack FSSAI licences. As a result, they are effectively made “illegal,” and the prospect of legal action is always present. One lawsuit may effectively shut the company down because the FSSAI doesn’t think twice about levying large fines in cases of non-compliance.
FSSAI’s main objective is to safeguard and improve public health by creating and upholding food safety laws. For producers, traders, consumers, and anybody else directly or indirectly involved in the food industry, it defines standards for food safety and dispels myths about food and food-related businesses. To put it simply, the FSSAI’s responsibility is to ensure that the food you eat is wholesome and secure. They monitor the components and everyone involved in the food production process, from food production through food service, as a result. They also create goals and plans. Therefore, if you too intend to open a restaurant or a food business, get in touch with fssaifoodlicense to apply for a food licence.
Benefits of an FSSAI License
- An FSSAI food licence offers legal advantages and promotes goodwill.
- The main objectives of FSSAI are to create scientifically based food standards and to guarantee food safety when applying for a food licence.
- Additionally, it assists with food safety and the regulation of food production, distribution, storage, sales, and imports.
- Having a FSSAI food licence puts your company in good standing with the government. Expect no legal issues since your business and food products are lawful. There is no solid reason not to obtain a licence because the process is rather simple.
- Before disbursing more money, banks usually run a background check. Thus, having an FSSAI certification helps you obtain loans a little more easily.
- Last but not least, if you apply for a food licence, consumers will be more conscious of and demanding quality. They will feel more secure buying and consuming your products as a result of the FSSAI licence , which is a sign of reliability. The FSSAI licence in a way raises client happiness.
The main benefit of the FSSAI License is the applicant’s ability to start without the licence without having to wait for further processing if the application takes longer than 60 days to process. To protect and enhance food quality and hygienic practices, the Food Safety & Standards Act of 2006 has made important modifications.
Before launching a food business, a person must comply with the Act and get an FSSAI Registration and License. An FSSAI licence is consequently necessary for all operations involving the manufacture, processing, storage, packaging, and distribution of food. FSSAI FoodLicense is the greatest option if you’re looking for the best professional to assist you with applying for an FSSAI licence. We have legal specialists who can help you comprehend the significance of possessing any legal documents as well as apply for any necessary legal documents on your behalf.