When a brand or government agency makes a mistake, we consumers are quick to react. In any event, we rarely give praise for perfection. A few reforms implemented by the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) have led to greater food standards and quality in India. The FSSAI has implemented a variety of appropriate measures for inspecting the quality of the food and the cleanliness of the food industry. It regularly conducts audits of all food businesses to ensure that they hold an FSSAI registration or permission.
In light of the various cases of food adulteration and the actual health problems that result from it, the FSSAI has recently imposed some restrictions on FBOs in the food processing industry. Due to a real concern for the general health and cleanliness of the community, these bans have been implemented to the best of the food industry’s ability. Complete your FSSAI registration as soon as possible, and we’ll tell you more about the stringent restrictions the FSSAI has placed on the food industry. Therefore, you should be cautious when registering with the FSSAI and selecting a consultant for your food license consultant.
Read More Blog -: FSSAI Publishes Rules for Herbal or Ayurveda Products
Importance of Fssai registration
- Before launching any food business, it is crucial to meet the necessary compliances and regulations. One must obtain a food license in order to sell products lawfully and to benefit from privileges unavailable to those without an FSSAI license.
- The food industry is very delicate, and before establishing a business, one must make sure that the food product being used won’t hurt consumers. For this reason, one needs to get a license from the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (Fssai).
- To achieve comprehensive food safety, certain rules and guidelines are therefore issued. The FSSAI License is extremely significant since it assures that the food is thoroughly validated and that there is no harm to the consumers.
- The food industry is risky due to numerous claims of food contamination and the usage of inexpensive components. The FSSAI license shields the food industry from these accusations by serving as evidence that the product is healthy, safe, and fully edible. Get your food license right now from a food license consultant.
What advantages come with FSSAI registration?
Benefits of FSSAI Registration include the following:
- Raises public knowledge of clean food practices.
- Increase customer confidence and goodwill.
- Promotes food safety and attests to the excellence of the food processing industry, therefore obtain your license right away from a food license consultant.
- Safety maintenance falls under the purview of the research and development industry.
- The latest recommendations made by the FSSAI are in line with those of the worldwide group that supports raising the level of food security.
- The FSSAI Registration serves as a basis for studies used to design policies.
- If you have a license for FSSAI registration, there is a great probability that your firm will expand.
FSSAI Registration Types
The three different categories of Foscos Registration are as follows:
- FSSAI Basic Foscos Registration: Petty FBOs must complete this registration. It is referred to as the Basic FSSAI License as well. Such a business’s annual turnover is not allowed to exceed Rs. 12 lakhs. A transitory stallholder, hawker, etc. is considered a tiny retailer.
- FSSAI State License: An FSSAI State License is required for companies with yearly revenue between Rs. 12 Lakhs and Rs. 20 Crores.
- FSSAI Central License: This license is required for companies with an annual revenue of more over Rs. 20 crores for trading, manufacturing, or storage of food products that exceeds specific legal thresholds.
Product Ban List for Foscos Registration by FSSAI
- Plastic and newspaper wrapping for food: The use of plastic and newspaper wrapping for food has been outlawed by the FSSAI, which has developed new criteria on food packaging. Considering that newspapers may contain ink or paint that is toxic to humans.
- Ban on stapler pins in tea bags: Due to the harmful health consequences of metallic stapler pins, FSSAI had forbidden tea makers to use stapler sticks in tea packs.
- Use of harmful substance: The use of calcium carbide, often known as masala, and acetylene gas in the artificial ripening of fruits has been outlawed. This practice was widespread among distributors and retailers of natural products, even those with an FSSAI permit. If you want to be registered with FSSAI, these synthetic mixtures are now totally prohibited.
- Unregistered FBOS business listings on e-commerce websites: Leading e-commerce food aggregators like FoodPanda, Swiggy, and Zomato were prohibited from advertising unregistered food businesses that do not have an FSSAI Registration or FSSAI License in their company listings.
For the most part, individuals use the well-known brands offered on e-commerce websites to make restaurant reservations. Now, if these portals start to promote services through unregistered eateries, this will dupe clients and waste money. Booking an unreliable or filthy eating location might even pose a major health risk, thus having a fssai registration certificate is necessary to avoid food poisoning.
- Using heath supplements as medicines: These are a few of the recent FSSAI bans that are noteworthy. These margins must be known to all food firms with FSSAI registrations. As a result, you have seen how the regulatory body has made every effort to protect a particular food category in order to maintain the nation’s standards for food safety and quality. However, they continue because they are unaware.
Therefore, the purpose of this essay is to inform every citizen about the FSSAI bans so that they are aware of them and worried for their own safety if they intend to apply for food license. The phrase “NOT FOR MEDICINAL USE” must be prominently displayed on the label of every box of food or health supplements, according to the FSSAI. Therefore, in order to avoid any penalties, contact food license consultant for a fssai license.
- Animal origin Silver Leaf: Another name for the Silver Leaf is “Chandi ka Warq.” Sweets are decorated with it. There were worries that the silver leaf might have small amounts of toxic heavy metals like nickel, lead, chromium, and cadmium.
- Toluene utilized in food packaging printing: Toluene is a substance found in paint thinners. Toluene is known to contaminate food even when there are several layers between the packet and the edible item. Damage to the kidneys and liver could result from it. Despite being prohibited throughout the food business; it is a frequently used packaging material in the nation.
What are the consequences of failing to register with the FSSAI?
To operate their food business, all food business owners must meet the eligibility requirements for an FSSAI license. To avoid penalties, they must seek the assistance of a food license consultant. Owners of food businesses who failed to get a food license, however, are subject to the following penalties:
- Fines for noncompliance with the FSS Standard are Rs. 2 lakhs for large firms and Rs. 25,000 for small ones.
- Food items with false labels will cost Rs. 5 lakhs, while low-quality food items would cost Rs. 3 lakhs.
- 10 Lakhs for deceptive or fraudulent advertising and 1 Lakhs for irrelevant details in food products.
- Failing to follow the food safety offer’s instructions then Rs. 2 lakhs; and Using unwholesome methods of food processing or manufacturing then Rs. 1 lakh.
Read More Blog -: FSSAI/FoSCoS Has a Deadline for Filing Annual Returns
Therefore, if you violate any of the restrictions imposed by the FSSAI government, you must pay a fine or face other consequences, and your FSSAI registration license will be revoked. For the purpose of ensuring food safety & hygiene in the food business, the FSSAI, the top regulatory body for food safety, has put in place a number of practical measures. It regularly inspects all food establishments to make sure they have an FSSAI registration or license. In light of the numerous incidences of food contamination and the catastrophic health effects that resulted from it, the FSSAI has recently placed certain limits on FBOs in the food processing industry.
These restrictions have been set in the interest of food safety and the effective regulation of all food businesses. We sincerely hope that you have enjoyed reading our blog and have gained a thorough understanding of the notable restrictions placed on the food industry by the FSSAI. We also hope that you will avoid including these restrictions in your food products to avoid facing harsh punishment from the government. Consult with our food license consultant right away.