The majority of Indian households in metropolitan India are made up of working spouses who have little time for one another or for spending time with their kids. Additionally, there are unmarried young professionals living away from their parents, and even homemakers who stay at home are heavily influenced by western culture. Overall, with rising disposable incomes and an increased propensity for Western food, the frozen food industry in India has wide open doors to success. Therefore, the topic of this blog is whether or not a frozen food business needs to register with the FSSAI. Contact a fssai food license consultant to receive quick assistance with obtaining a fssai license for your frozen food business.
Read More Blog -: FSSAI/FoSCoS Has a Deadline for Filing Annual Returns
Market Trend for the Indian Frozen Food Industry
- According to a research, the average yearly increase in the sale of ready-to-eat meals between 2010 and 2015. In India, practically all urban households buy packaged food, such as ready-to-eat meals, dairy products, snacks, packaged beverages, and frozen meals.
- Branded retail chains and independent grocery stores that sell packaged food and ready-to-cook food now exist in the frozen food sector. The benefit of frozen food is that it keeps the product’s nutritional content intact. Processed frozen vegetables, vegetable snacks, chicken, fish, and shellfish, as well as red meat, make up the remainder of the frozen food sector. The garden pea, mixed green veggies, and baby corn are the top three frozen food items sold in India. Because of this, a license for fssai registration is required.
Launching a frozen food company
- Examine the market in the area where you intend to open your company. Research the local population, eating habits, and level of competition in the market.
- Since the shop will deal with consumers directly, it needs to be situated in a convenient area with enough space to store the freezer and other equipment and find ideal space to rent for the business.
- A license for the food industry is required for all legitimate businesses in order to operate. For this kind of business, the following licenses are necessary:
- If a single person owns and operates the new company, it must be registered as a Sole Proprietorship, Partnership Firm, or One Person Company, none of which require the Ministry of Corporate Affairs to receive an audited annual report.
- To operate any business involving the manufacturing, processing, distribution, selling, import, export, or stock of food, you must first register with the FSSAI. The Food Safety and Standards Act of 2006 mandates registration for businesses with annual revenues of less than Rs. 12 lakh. The State FSSAI license is necessary for annual earnings of Rs. 12 lakh to Rs. 20 crore.
- You can build up a frozen food business for small scale industry with an FSSAI registration license.
- If you wish to operate a food business, you should also register for GST.Enrollment is customary for both the central GST and the state GST. If the store’s annual income is Rs. 12 lakh or above, GST registration is necessary.
4. Initial Investment: This covers the cost of leasing a workspace, buying freezers, trays, and knives, as well as buying frozen food supplies and hiring staff.
5. Advertising the company: If you have fssai registration, distributing fliers, brochures, and newspaper inserts to adjacent residential areas as well as restaurants, lodging facilities, and caterers will have a significant favorable influence. You can promote your business online via social media, blogs, and other platforms, as well as by building a website. Additionally, you can join your community’s frozen food association, put your business in the local phone book, and advertise in local media outlets including newspapers, radio, and television.
Frozen food industry faced difficulties
- Although the frozen food industry in India is still in its early phases and is expanding slowly, the new business owner faces many significant obstacles. They include:
- This business requires specialized skill, but it is plagued by two significant issues: o The brain drain of skilled workers and o The shortage of workers with the necessary skill set.
- A retail environment that is already crowded with several well-known businesses competing for attention.
- Expensive infrastructure for the storage of semi-cooked non-vegetarian snacks, raw meat, and non-vegetarian foods.
- Acquiring a fssai license through a food license consultant.
- The rural and semi-urban markets have low levels of consumer awareness.
- The inadequate distribution system for frozen food.
- You also need to have a license from the FSSAI if your retail businesses lack freezer space.
Read More Blog -: Hygiene Ratings Scheme for FSSAI Registration
As a result, we have concluded that a food license is a necessary need for starting a frozen food business. If you want to launch a frozen food company, sign up with Fssaifoodlicense to receive all the services, from product conception to full industry establishment. Fssaifoodlicense, the top food licenses consultant in India, has swiftly and successfully executed food licenses for more than 500 customers. You may prosper despite a variety of market challenges and seize the chance with the assistance of our team for fssai food registration, who have extensive experience in the food sector. We have a proven track record of supporting the food industry by contributing significantly to their phenomenal growth.