The FSSAI (Food Safety and Standards Authority of India) license is an authority that allows an institution to sell food commercially. According to the FSSAI official website, any food business operator who manufactures, processes, stores, distributes, or sells food must register for and maintain an FSSAI Registration. As a result, the FSSAI’s scope extends beyond restaurants. Aside from being a legal document, an FSSAI License is a symbol of high food quality. When you register with the FSSAI, you are issued a 14-digit registration number that is unique to you.
Depending on the size of your activity, your institution will be issued a license. This acts as your restaurant’s unique license number. So this blog is about fssai registration, which is essential for anyone starting a food-related business, and fssaifoodlicense will walk you through the process.
Issuing authority of the FSSAI License
Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) is an autonomous agency formed under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India, to award fssai licenses and registration. It was founded under the Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006 (FSSA Act, 2016), a unified statute linked to food safety and regulation in India, to protect humans from any food-related goods. FSSAI is primarily responsible for the preservation and promotion of public health through its key tasks of food safety regulation and monitoring; therefore, obtain FSSAI registration for your food business in order to demonstrate to customers that your food is of high and best quality.
How to get an FSSAI License?
The FSSAI has now launched an online application process known as the FLRS (Food Licensing and Registration System). You can get to the page by clicking here. FLRS now allows customers to check their eligibility for the license and apply for it online. Furthermore, it sends out automated reminders to entrepreneurs via text message and email to ensure that the registration and license are renewed on time. So, if you don’t know how to get a food license and registration from FSSAI, which also helps with food license renewal, you can turn to fssaifoodlicense food license consultant.
Online Application of the FSSAI License
- To apply for the FSSAI License online, follow these steps.
- Check your eligibility for the registration or state/central license on the FSSAI’s official website (https://foscos.fssai.gov.in ).
- Fill out the sign-up form for the specified criteria and your account will be authorized.
- Log onto your new account and begin filling out the application form.
- Check that you have all of the documents needed for the criteria you’ve chosen.
- After you have completed the form, click submit and print a copy for your records. A reference number will subsequently be assigned to you to assist you in tracking the status of your application.
- Following receipt of the application, the appropriate authorities will examine it and conduct an inspection.
- If the appointed inspector is satisfied with the details and the physical examination, he or she will forward the report to the appropriate body and the license will be issued.
Offline Application of fssai registration
- If an offline payment method is more convenient for you, FSSAI has a facility for that as well.
- The applicant should print a copy of the online Application Form, attach a demand draught for the amount and expenses should be paid, and send the following papers to the State Authority within 15 days of submitting your application form.
How do you verify the progress of your FSSAI registration application?
- To check the progress of your Food License application, go to the FSSAI website – FSSAI.
- To track the status of your fssai registration, fill out the form with your unique tracking information.
- You must preserve a 14-digit application number that you receive when you first apply for a food license.
- If you wish to receive Foscos registration, input your information and you will be directed to the status page.
- The same procedure can be followed to verify the status of a food license renewal.
Types of FSSAI License
- FSSAI Central License: Food Business Operators (FBOs) are required by the Central Government to get a Central Food License. A central food license is only valid when a state has been in operation for more than a month. The central license then applies only to the central office but covers all offices around the country. A central license is typically obtained by restaurants (FBOs) with an annual turnover of more than 20 crores. The Central License has a maximum tenure of 5 years and a minimum tenure of 1 year, and the same can be utilized for food license renewal.
- FSSAI State License: FSSAI state licenses are expected to be obtained by small to medium-sized eateries. This license is granted by the government of the state in which the party seeks to open a restaurant. So, if a restaurant’s annual turnover is between 12 lakhs and 20 lakh INR, it will require a State license with term period of 1 to 5 yrs. Start renewing your FSSAI food license and state foscos registration, which are both required for renewal and registration.
- Basic FSSAI Registration: FSSAI registration is required for small and low-turnover restaurants with yearly revenue of up to 1 lakh to12 lakh (basic). The State Government of the respective state also issues this FSSAI registration. This license has a maximum and minimum duration of 5 years and 1 year, respectively.
Price of an FSSAI license
The cost of an FSSAI registration license is determined by the type of license issued. The following are the fees for all license kinds.
- FSSAI registration costs Rs. 100 per year.
- FSSAI State License Registration costs between 2000 and 5000 INR per year.
- FSSAI Central License Registration costs Rs. 7500 per year.
FSSAI License Renewal and Validity
The validity of an FSSAI license registration ranges from one to five years. Licenses are typically renewed yearly upon payment of the license cost. According to the FSSAI, the FSSAI food license must be renewed for a period of one year or five years, depending on the circumstances. The food license renewal must be completed no later than 30 days before the license’s expiration date. A late renewal cost of 100 INR per day is charged for each day beyond the expiration date.
Start renewing your FSSAI food license online or offline.
Start Online FSSAI food license renewal
- Create a User ID and password to be used while logging in. This User ID and password would be valid for a period of 30 days only.
- Complete the renewal form.
- After completing the form, you will be given a unique 14-digit number that you may use to follow the progress of the food license renewal.
- In most cases, the renewal should be completed within 30-60 days.
Apply for Fssai Food License Renewal Offline
- To obtain foscos registration, complete FSSAI forms A, B, and C, which are publicly available on the website.
- For food license renewal, submit a self-attested declaration of business ownership.
- The FBO will conduct a check to ensure that all of the information given is correct.
- If all of the paperwork is in order and the inspection result is satisfactory (as judged by the authority), the license will be awarded within 30 days, followed by inspections and updates under the Fssai Act.
How can fssaifoodlicense assist you?
- Consultant for FSSAI registration: Fssaifoodlicense is India’s largest professional network of attorneys, chartered accountants, and corporate secretaries, and its members have decades of combined experience. Every month, we complete legal work for over 1000 corporations by leveraging our technical capabilities and the expertise of our legal specialists.
- Customer Satisfaction: We handle all of the paperwork so that your dealings with the government go as easily as possible. We will also offer you with thorough information on the procedure for fssai registration so that you can establish fair expectations.
- Strong Professional team: With a workforce of over 100+ expert food license consultant in Delhi, you can receive the best legal services with just a phone call.
- Realistic Expectations: By handling all documentation, we ensure a seamless engagement with the government. We provide clarity on the incorporation method to obtain a foscos registration license on schedule to enable consumers have fair expectations.
This blog’s discussion of the importance of FSSAI registration will include the renewal process and the fssai registration license. Food adulteration can have a wide range of consequences for people’s health. As a result, it is critical to obtain a food license and to renew it on time in order to check the quality of the food and to avoid a daily fee of Rs. 100.
The license helps to reduce food fraud allegations and the use of inferior, harmful substances. So we hope you enjoy reading our blog and will share it on other platforms so that others can benefit from it and register for fssai registration. We hope you will like our blog and share it with your friends and family on various social media platforms so that people may learn more about fssai registration licenses. Please contact fssaifoodlicense to get a foscos registration license and avoid such penalties.
Helpful Blog Links:
Why is an FSSAI License Registration Required for a Meat Shop?
An Overview of the New Foscos/FSSAI Registration for Indian Sweet Manufacturers