Ice is used to cool milk to 40 degrees Celsius or lower. It is an intermediate step before the thermal treatment of milk. Milk chilling facilitates and extends the transit time to the processing plant. Freezing milk reduces souring and spoiling. Depending on the client’s business turnover, an FSSAI state license or a central license is required. Milk is an item that is refrigerated to 40°C or less. This is the intermediate process performed before to milk treatment. In this essay, we will discuss the FSSAI Registration for Milk Chilling Units in India and why it is necessary to obtain fssai license for milk shops.
Read Also This -: What is FSSAI License and Registration
What are Milk Chilling units?
The majority of dairy production occurs in rural areas, while metropolitan areas have a high demand for dairy products. As a result, these diaries must be gathered from the rural area and transferred to the city for processing and dissemination. Milk cooling units come into play here. Milk chilling plants can be found in dairy towns. At the Milk chilling units, the milk obtained from individuals is quickly cooled. The reasons for quick cooling are to prevent milk degradation and to make milk delivery easier to the processing centre.
Because milk is a consumable, milk chilling equipment must be FSSAI registered in order to store and handle it. If you intend to open milk chilling units in your area, you must first obtain a foscos registration.
According to the Food Safety and Standards Act of 2006, every food business operator in India is required to obtain a food license from the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India. A fssai registration license is required not only for the preparation of milk, but also for those who handle the various stages before it reaches the customer, such as the procurement of raw materials, manufacturing or any processing, canteen packing or packing in packets for distribution to agencies with selling authority. As in the case of milk, which is used to prevent it from souring or pasteurization before it is placed in packets.
Significance of an FSSAI registration license for Milk Chilling Units
Food Safety and Standard Authority of India (FSSAI) is a government entity in India that regulates and monitors food hygiene and safety. It requires any food-related firm or industry to get an FSSAI registration certificate. Food preparation, food handling, delivering, serving, and retailing are examples of these industries. It falls within the category of food handling. As a result, milk chilling devices must be registered with Foscos.
The FSSAI certificate can help your company stand out from the crowd. Failure to obtain FSSAI registration may cause your company to lose confidence with its customers. In some cases, it may result in the cancellation of your service. To avoid them, a Fssai license is required, as is a Food license renewal if it expires.
Advantages of registering for an FSSAI license for milk chilling units
- This license will make any legal actions affecting your organization easier and faster.
- Customers can see your dedication to quality by adopting the FSSAI License logo.
- This makes your milk cooling unit a trustworthy and high-quality supplier.
- Your Fssai registration License might help you attract investors and streamline the loan application process.
- Your milk chilling units can be readily expanded to multiple locations.
- Milk chilling aids in the reduction of milk souring and spoiling.
- To receive a food licence, the business owner must register with the FSSAI, either at the state or national level.
- The FSSAI-Food Safety and Standards Authority Act secures food laws, develops standards, and oversees manufacturing, storage, distribution, sale, and imports.
- The FSSAI food license ensures that the food is fit for human consumption and addresses other food-related issues.
- It is also required for food license renewal if it expires.
Process for Registering Food Chilling Units
The FSSAI is the primary authority in charge of regulating and supervising food standards in India. It must follow the proper procedures in order to provide a fssai registration license for the Milk Chilling Unit. The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India’s state and federal food authority is in charge of FSSAI implementation and enforcement. Milk chilling units can handle and process milk for dairy facilities.
Basic qualifying requirements
- The owner of a small scale business must have an annual turnover of Rs12 lakhs.
- To obtain a foscos registration license, the milk production must be 500 liters per day.
- The 14-digit registration number acquired must be printed or displayed on every milk packet/product/package.
Division depends of capital of business
- A business or startup having annual turnover below of 12 lakhs rupees for getting fssai registration license and if the turnover increase above then it has to upgrade the food license.
- They are called as smaller units in India for foscos registration license.
- They too have to get registered under the State Authority and same procedure is applied if your license gets expired which is called food license renewal.
Medium Sized Units
- Businesses with yearly revenues ranging from 12 lakhs to 20 crores are eligible to apply for a State Food FSSAI License.
- This state food license is for small to medium-sized enterprises or food operators in India.
- To obtain a fssai registration license, milk production, processing, or handling must be 50,000 liters per day or 2500 Tons of milk sold per year.
- Manufacturers, storage units, transporters, retailers, restaurants, marketers, and distributors, among others, must get foscos registration.
- Every food vendor or food business operator needs a state food license under FSSAI, and if it expires, you must have fssai food license renewal.
- Businesses with an annual turnover of 20 crore rupees or more can apply for a food license under the FSSAI-Central License.
- Importers, manufacturers, operators in central governments, railways, airports, and seaports, among others, must have both a fssai food license renewal and a fssai registration license.
Basic Documents necessary for fssai license
- Photo Identification of the Food Business Operator.
- A leasing agreement or other proof of complete possession of the premises
- A Partnership Deed or a Certificate of Incorporation should be included.
- It must have a list of food goods that will be used as inputs as well as the final menu to be dealt with.
- For foscos registration, a complete food safety management plan is also necessary.
- FSSAI registration of Diary Chilling Units requires advance documentation.
- The basic requirements are required for food license renewal also.
Diary Chilling Units Need Documentation
- To obtain a foscos registration license, it must include a photograph of the production unit.
- The layout plan or business blueprint must reflect the measurements in meters or square meters, as well as the processing unit’s operational area allocation.
- Addresses of all Directors- complete addresses and contact information are required by the corporations.
- It should include the name of the equipment and machinery, as well as the number, installed capacity, and horsepower used.
- A recognized/public health laboratory must provide an analysis report of – Chemical & Bacteriological of water, which is to be utilized as an element in food. This applies to the water, manufacturing, and processing units.
- Photo I.D. and address evidence issued by the government body for the proprietor, partner, director, or authorized signatory.
- A proof of occupancy of the premises, such as a sale deed, rent agreement, or electricity bill, among other things.
- Copies of certificates received under the Cooperative Societies Act of 1861 or the Multi-State Cooperative Act of 2002 in the case of cooperatives, wherever applicable.
- For foscos registration, provide a Partnership Deed or Self Declaration for Proprietorship.
- File the Memorandum of Association-MOA and Articles of Association-AOA as part of the firm’s formation.
- When acquiring the Milk and Products processing units, provide facts about the source of milk or the milk procurement plan, including the milk collection centre, etc. That should be done whenever possible.
- Form IX, Nomination of People by a Business, must be completed.
- The board resolution must be filed using Form IX.
- The same documents are required for food license renewal.
Read Also This -: How can your FSSAI Foscos food license be renewed
Renewal of FSSAI License/ Food License
The food license is valid for one or five years from the date of registration, as chosen by the dairy farmer, and must be renewed on time to avoid penalty of Rs 100 per day. The food license renewal application, in Form A, must be submitted within 30 days before the license expires. If the license for renewal is not applied for within the specified time frame, it will expire on the same date. Hence, renew your fssai license with fssaifoodlicense, The best consultancy for fssai registration in Delhi.