Anyone working in food product manufacture, production, processing, packaging, transportation, distribution, or storage must register with or get a licence from the FSSAI. A true copy of the FSSAI must always be display in a conspicuous location on the food business’s premises after FSSAI registration. The rules and regulations that must be followed by all food business owners in order to start a restaurant are discussed in this blog. Review these FSSAI laws and regulations to make sure your business is in compliance as food safety requirements tighten.
This essay makes an effort to condense the key FSSAI regulations that you should follow. We advise you to regularly check the fssaifoodlicense website for the most recent rules.
“Contact food license consultant fssaifoodlicense if you need advice or are unsure whether your restaurant complies with FSSAI rules and regulations.”
Read More Blog -: How to Apply For Fssai License Renewal ?
FSSAI Registration: What is it?
The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) is a department of the Indian Government’s Ministry of Health & Family Welfare. All food company operators in the country are subject to regulation by the FSSAI, which has given by Food and Drug Administration(FDA) and other recognized organizations. By regulating and overseeing food safety, it is in charge of safeguarding and promoting public health.
Important aspects of FSSAI regulation
- The license’s validity ranges from 1 to 5 years, depending on how long you wish to register your FBO.
- If the food products are handled or processed at a different location, a different licence or Foscos registration is required.
- Food imports that have a shelf life of less than 60% are not allowed into India.
- If a person runs an FBO in two states, they need two licences: one for the head office or registered office and one for each independent location.
Who is required under FSSAI requirements to obtain a licence?
All organizations that run food enterprises must have an FSSAI registration or licence. A “food business operator” is anyone who manages, fabricates, produces, distributes, sells, serves, stores, transports, or imports food (FBO). It can even be used by food cart merchants.
Zomato, Foodpanda, and Grofer are just a few of the online food sellers who must register with Foscos and obtain a food licence. Such enterprises would not be allowed to trade in food without being registered.
For any business in India involved in the food industry, obtaining an FSSAI registration is a crucial first step. To run an online home kitchen business legally, you must possess a current FSSAI licence. Make sure to speak with a qualified food licencing expert before starting a home kitchen business so they can guide you through the procedure.
FSSAI Rules and Regulations for Maintaining a Clean and Hygienic Facility in the Kitchen
EN- after entering
The kitchen is the most crucial part of your business. These courses are periodically offered by the FSSAI to guarantee food safety in restaurants. Make sure the establishment is clean, uses closed containers, and has a functional garbage disposal. The following requirements must be met by any FSSAI Registration in order to guarantee that all food is prepared, processed, and stored in a sanitary environment:
- Uphold the FSSAI regulations for worker hygiene, sanitary conditions, and hygienic practices at the factory.
- Keep separate daily records for sales, usage, raw materials, and manufacturing.
- If you wish to submit an application for a food licence, make sure the raw materials’ source and standards are of the highest calibre.
- Do not produce, store, or expose for sale any food items on property that cannot be effectively separated from a bathroom, urinal, sullage, drain, or other location that houses unclean or waste materials.
- Frequently clean the machinery and tools.
- Make sure to test food goods for relevant chemical and/or microbiological contamination at least once every six months.
- From the point of procurement or sourcing until it reaches the final consumer for foscos registration, make sure to maintain the temperature required.
- The cleanliness of your staff is crucial. Make sure they are healthy and wear suitable attire.
- Make sure the inventory’s items are kept at the appropriate temperature. Conduct routine stock checks and throw away any expired supplies.
- Make sure that proper food handling procedures are followed in the delivery truck when moving food from the kitchen to the outlet.
- The location where customers are served should be tidy and clean. If you require FOSCOS registration, the FSSAI advises you to post food safety display boards and hygiene ratings at your shop.
- Make sure to hire a food safety officer with certification.
Food Business FSSAI Rules and Regulations
1.This functions as a one-stop shop for all legislation and administrative control.
2.A point of connection for all issues relating to food safety, standards, and regulations, etc.
3.A single licencing body for one or more food products.
Common forms of identification required by FSSAI
1.ID documentation for business promoters.
2.Proof of your business’s address.
3.A firm’s establishing documents, such as the LLP agreement in the case of an LLP or the MOA and AOA in the case of a company.
4.A list of food items.
5.Management strategy for food safety.
6.Fill out Form-A or B.
Granting of FSSAI License for Food Business Premises
- FSSAI licence is based on-premise. A single FSSAI licence may be requested for use across all food business operations carried out at the same location.
- FBOs are also required to seek an FSSAI licence under the “Manufacturing” group head for the appropriate Exporter” if they are producing food items for both the domestic market and export.
- If working from the same location, only one licencing application through FoSCoS is required.
- Indian Railways Designated Officers/Registering Authorities issue FSSAI Registration/Licenses for Food Premises.
- Airport Health Officers (APHOs) or Port Health Officers (PHOs), who have been designated by the Food Authority as Designated Officers (DOs), grant FSSAI licences for food establishments at airports and seaports.
- Assume a food business operator (FBO) has locations for his food business in two or more states.
- In that situation, he must seek a licence or registration for each unit or premises in addition to a central licence for his registered office or head office.
- Depending on the capacity or turnover of each unit or location, a separate licence or Foscos Registration must be obtained from the relevant Central or State licencing authorities.
- A single License granted for a single premise must be connected to all company types.
- If you have both a state licence and a central licence, you must give up the state licence and request that the central licence be modified to include the type of business that is listed on your state licence.
Foscos Registration number declaration by FBO
- In accordance with the guidelines for declaring the FSSAI License on Product Labels, Petty FBOs are also obliged to disclose the FSSAI Registration number on the product labels.
- A 14-digit FSSAI Registration or License number must be stated on all cash receipts, purchase invoices, cash memos, bills, etc.
- The FSSAI number must appear on both papers whenever any operator issues two transaction documents, such as when transporters provide a transport challan, bill, etc., and an invoice. The GST e-way bill and other system-generated government documents will be the only exceptions.
FSSAI rule penalties and offences
- Not having a Foscos registration or licence: Anyone who operates their food business without an FSSAI licence will be subject to a fine of up to Rs. 5 lakh as well as a period of imprisonment that may last up to 6 months.
- Food Quality Issues: If the sold foods do not meet the specified quality standard, a fine of up to Rs. 5 Lakh would be imposed.
- Substandard food: Selling food that isn’t up to par might result in a fine of up to Rs. 5 lakh.
- Consumer harm or demise: For a death sentence, a fine of at least Rs. 5 lakh.
- Serious injury penalties of up to Rs. 3 lakh.
- Up to a Rs. 3 lakh fine for other injury
- Serious injury penalties of up to Rs. 3 lakh.
Read More Blog -: Know Before Applying for Renewal of FSSAI
Here are the guidelines that your restaurant must adhere to in order to meet FSSAI requirements. To learn more about obtaining a Food registration and its rules and restrictions, get in touch with a fssaifoodlicence expert right now.
The fssaifoodlicense consultants can help you through the process of obtaining your Foscos registration. You will receive all the information you want regarding the registration process from the fssaifoodlicense food license consultant, who will also handle the paperwork on your behalf. You can get assistance from a food licence expert throughout the full procedure of obtaining the required FSSAI registration and food licencing. Customers will have faith and trust in your firm if it is FSSAI registered.